An Editor is responsible for overseeing the style and content of a journal publication. Each Editor will be a member of an Editorial Board in his/her area of expertise.
Jayden publishers recognize the importance of an Editorial Board. The Editorial Board serves an important role in the process of open access publishing at The Editorial Board consists of Editors who are experts in their respective fields. These Editors make huge contributions in maintaining the quality, integrity and content of journal publications. The journal Editorial Board follows a strict set of guidelines. These guidelines help to ensure that each Editor on the Editorial Board follows the same principles.
- To improve the ways of journal processes, the editor should actively seek the views of editorial board members, reviewers, authors.
- Encourage research into peer review, technological advances and reassess journal processes in the light of new discoveries.
- We welcomes editor's suggestions in providing appropriate resources, guidance from experts and training to perform the publisher's role in a professional manner and improve the quality of the journal.
- Encourage initiatives designed to prevent research misconduct and educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Encourages submission of quality articles to the journal by personally recruiting authors, assisting them with outreach, and ensuring the marketing plan is executed.
- Ensures feedback provided to authors is constructive, fair, and timely.
- Should determine whether a submitted manuscript is appropriate for the journal.
- Article submitted for peer review is a privileged communication that should be treated in confidence, taking care to guard the author's identity and work.
- Recruit high profile reviewers using multiple sources, e.g., personal recommendations, Web databases, published choice review.
- Should monitor the process of peer review and take steps to ensure this is of high standard.
- Communicate with reviewers as regularly as possible, according to their availability and give them clear instructions in maintaining quality of the journal.
- Avoid conflicts of interest when making assignments. Check whether reviewer has history of conflict with author.
- Should encourage reviewers to comment on- ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct raised by submissions (e.g. unethical research design, inappropriate data manipulation and presentation).
- The originality of article submissions and to be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism.
- Ensure to rewrite content when required.( Typographical errors, incorrect line or page breaks, Spelling errors, Errors in grammar and syntax, Errors in word usage, graphs, the styling of tables, and other art, including their labels, captions, and text mentions, Ambiguous vocabulary and syntax).
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of the articles considered for publication to the journal Editor.
- The editors are expected to respond in a timely manner and adhere to all deadlines.